• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

actually ran a tank in my fg

mooman007uk

Banned
great day Sunday, managed to get a tank thru my FGbaja without breaking something...not that it's the cars fault when it does break.

I was running in my back yard on grass...I've about a 1/3 acre lawn area out back that's multi level and not flat so is fun to run on and I have a circuit I do. I still maintained my driving style, ie thrashed the nuts off it and think it might be moo proof now:D. I have just fitted the alloy fg shocks with the alloy pistons and 70wt oil and it now handles perfect...just sticks to the ground and turns on a dime...i set front with a degree or two toe out so it's super responsive.

It wouldn't take too many tanks to turn my yard to mud...boy is my fg fast...spins constantly even in second...great fun to drive.

It's now ready to kill all the 5b's that will be racing later this year at an event being put on by the thunder in the valley drag race organisers...I feel sorry for those poor 5b's...yeah right...don't bring a donkey to horse race:D

I love my rampage but have just as much time for my fg...it's a lot more demanding to drive and satisfies like a baileys coffee on a cold day

Last edited by a moderator:

pwaicon

Mooman, how are those DPS rear arms holding up? I really want a set for my Baja. I emailed him last week and he said he should have some of the newer versions ready next week. My fingers are crossed because he has told me that before.

basher

Hey moonman i've been talked out of getting an fg by several people. do u find it hard to get parts and and is it constantly in the ER for broken parts? Also can you convert the monster beetle to a 4WD.

Clubin

Banned
kryptonite said:
wow. this is a special time in history. moo got a full tank out of a rig and nothing broke.. are you sure??
He probaly wasn't trying hard enough. lol

mooman007uk

Banned
pwaicon said:
Mooman, how are those DPS rear arms holding up? I really want a set for my Baja. I emailed him last week and he said he should have some of the newer versions ready next week. My fingers are crossed because he has told me that before.
When i got the stones wedged in between my discs it kinda bent the arms a little but I got them straightened no problem, no bends from big endos or barrel rolls in my vid (other forums) just from the force of them dang stones getting in there rotated them forward a bit...discs were a write off...if they'd been fg or elcon I'd say the same would have happened...I'm real happy with the durabilty overall...I'm staying away from the real gravelling stuff from now on

basher said:
Hey moonman i've been talked out of getting an fg by several people. do u find it hard to get parts and and is it constantly in the ER for broken parts? Also can you convert the monster beetle to a 4WD.
Out the box i found my fg tough and quick out the box, the plastic is real durable, they need essential upgrades to start off like anything else like gear plate and diff. For parts you have to mail order but hobbythek has everything in stock if they can't be found this side of the pond...they'll have 4wd conversion kits end of march for the monsters...about $375 check out there website part no. 68500

I wasn't holding back clubin and kryp, thing is mental fast but now handles like a dream with my new shocks...and no stones to wreck my day. I just have to be a bit more sensible where I run it...i got the rampage for the rougher stuff.

I'll be bolting on the paddles this weekend and heading for the sand pit

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts