• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

A Little Help Please

Trickle007

Contributor
Here is a short vid of my truck pull throttle and truck goes no where, all the dog bone pins are in and seems clutch is engaging. I think the problem lies in the D gear shaft but I not sure. Take a Look let me know what ya think

[ame]

[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

forist

Contributor
Looks like the set screw on the brake hub that tightens down on the lil gear that connects to the center diff is not tight. Hopes this helps :)

Trickle007

Contributor
ok thanks guys.... now i can see that the diff gears are not engaging where is the set screw the holds the d gear shaft to diff gears located? Cause i do believe this is the problem.

Ron E

Contributor
yep, same thing happened to me while running at largescalerc's track, i was lost but luckily Bob from lsrc and obeast44 were there to fix it for me in about 5 min. ;)

hobbykim

Contributor
That is common problem,I don't like the way they design,the steel piece not hard steel,I replace my one,now almost worn again,I hope Redcat come up with some thing different bester.You need to buy this part to repair.

Center Differential Gear Set

Trickle007

Contributor
forist said:
Looks like the set screw on the brake hub that tightens down on the lil gear that connects to the center diff is not tight. Hopes this helps :)
sorry to be such a newb all this is kinda new to me but where is this set screw and is this fixable with out having to purchase anything?

hobbykim

Contributor
You need to buy part to repair,I try to repair with out replace but not help.I run my truck thought gallon number 4 now and I have to do a lot of repair for my sell.

Trickle007

Contributor
You guys Rock thanks for all the help. I fixed it I did not realize there was 2 set screws in the brake hub. The set screw that came loose backed out and wedged itself under the the brake disc jamming the brake disc, hiding the set screw.

Pulled it all apart got the disc lossened from being jammed and Red lok tited that thing back in (was going to use blue loktite but was not going to chance it).

Sorry for all the questions I ask but i am a newb when it comes to this stuff but i like to be certain before i start tearing things apart.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.