• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

a little help here guys :)

josh's_XB

Alrite, so I'm new into the 5th scale.

So I been doing a lot of reading here and can't seem to solve the problem on my xb.

Idle screw seems to be okay, hsn, lsn are tuned. But when I try to go forward or rev the motor it shuts off on me. Then after that it doesn't want to start up right. I Checked the fuel cap also, it doesn't seem to be the problem. The only way I can start it back up again is to mess with the idle screw. But like I said once it starts up I hit the throttle it shuts off again. Help anyone?

G

Where do you have the needles set? You might want to make sure they are at 1.5 turns out one the low and 1.25 out on the high. Turn the needle in until it stops, but not tight as you can damage the needle. Once you get it running then retune. Air leaks can also cause issues. check for loose carb bolts.

G

I noticed this was your first post. Welcome

josh's_XB

Oh, okay. I feel like giving up on my xb already...

Damm xb.. so about idle screw where should be at?

how many turns? and where should my throttle trim be at on my radio? I have mine set at 0

GTS 666

Hi Josh i would prob set the idle screw just on the tip and wind it in a couple of turns to get started. Then adjust the needles back to the factory settings as pointed out earlier. The Lsn sounds like it is a bit to rich and as you give it some throttle it is flooding. The throttle trim depends on where your servo arm is. Adjust it so when at idle it does not touch the linkage and adjust again at full throttle to make sure it opens completely.It may take some time to get right but once you have played around with it you will find it gets a lot easier to tune.

G

You will do yourself a big favor if you take notes on your settings. Write down what works. It might save you some headaches. Don't give up. Once you've learned how to tune you will look back at this and think no big deal:) Please understand that no two carbs are identical. So unfortunately there is not a standard setting that works for all. Just start with the factory/break in setting mentioned earlier to get her running and then go from there. The little two strokes are easy to flood. When it's not starting like it should pull the spark plug and if it's wet it's flooded. Leave the plug out for 10 min. The excess fuel will evaporate faster.

Let us know how it goes.

josh's_XB

GTS 666 said:
Hi Josh i would prob set the idle screw just on the tip and wind it in a couple of turns to get started. Then adjust the needles back to the factory settings as pointed out earlier. The Lsn sounds like it is a bit to rich and as you give it some throttle it is flooding. The throttle trim depends on where your servo arm is. Adjust it so when at idle it does not touch the linkage and adjust again at full throttle to make sure it opens completely.It may take some time to get right but once you have played around with it you will find it gets a lot easier to tune.
So I did what u guys mentioned, .and tune little by little. Now its running like a champ :)

I'm guessing it was a little too rich on lsn, also had to mess with my idle screw. I was sweating Alrite. Hahaha about 45 mins into it, bamm it fired up. Leaned lsn and now it turns on and off perfect. Also when I punch it, it gets up and go without dying :)

Thanks guys, u guys are the best :)

RCDAD said:
You will do yourself a big favor if you take notes on your settings. Write down what works. It might save you some headaches. Don't give up. Once you've learned how to tune you will look back at this and think no big deal:) Please understand that no two carbs are identical. So unfortunately there is not a standard setting that works for all. Just start with the factory/break in setting mentioned earlier to get her running and then go from there. The little two strokes are easy to flood. When it's not starting like it should pull the spark plug and if it's wet it's flooded. Leave the plug out for 10 min. The excess fuel will evaporate faster. Let us know how it goes.
It's no big deal .. now I can say this.. lol

Thanks buddy thumbs up

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts