• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

9.4hp obr g340 carnage

$nake_Life

Any thoughts it has broke a CV pin two times now in the rear with that this time it twisted or bent the rear dog bone has anybody ever had this happen. I'm Shure the CV pins keep breaking cause of the power so not shure when I broke the pin it bound up for a second and twisted dog bone...so looked up part #50035 in parts book it comes with says it's 172mm all the parts you find on internet with the 50035 part # says 170 mm any info anybody has let me know thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_20200302_140938.jpg
    IMG_20200302_140938.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20200302_141015.jpg
    IMG_20200302_141015.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 28

G-Man

The CV pins. The problem with them is they work their way out half way and all the power is applied to one side then snaps off. Quick fix is heavy on the blue loctite for the grubscrew then a layer of tape around the outside to ensure the pin doesn't come out any more. The center dogbone you bent is from chassis flex. Did you jump it and land nose first real hard? Wow that is one thing I haven't done to these trucks. Gotta give you credit for that carnage!!

$nake_Life

G-man I'm glad you replied cuz ur the man bro!I've had this Mt four like four years and it's been nothing but problem after problem so it was a shelf king cuz I was just over it but after watching your videos i got back into it and just started a YouTube channel lol. Theres a video of it on there where the carnange took place check it out cul-de-sac ledgens. But the cv pins I doubled up the grub screws in the axle end since there's only one it factory with stainless steel and used red locite the gel hoping it wouldnt come loose haven't tore it down yet but I'm thinking it just sheared it good idea on putting some tape around it the first pin broke in half this time it broke both ends off. I wrecked it kinda hard and I thought chassis flex but it's not bent anywhere lol.... Always a plus! I love this truck it's a beast now sorry for the book.. Appreciate your input brotha!

G-Man

G-man I'm glad you replied cuz ur the man bro!I've had this Mt four like four years and it's been nothing but problem after problem so it was a shelf king cuz I was just over it but after watching your videos i got back into it and just started a YouTube channel lol. Theres a video of it on there where the carnange took place check it out cul-de-sac ledgens. But the cv pins I doubled up the grub screws in the axle end since there's only one it factory with stainless steel and used red locite the gel hoping it wouldnt come loose haven't tore it down yet but I'm thinking it just sheared it good idea on putting some tape around it the first pin broke in half this time it broke both ends off. I wrecked it kinda hard and I thought chassis flex but it's not bent anywhere lol.... Always a plus! I love this truck it's a beast now sorry for the book.. Appreciate your input brotha!
Hey I subbed your channel. Now put up more videos ahahahahaha. You were straight sending that truck. Now I see where that center shaft bent. Gotta give that truck credit. You were really getting on it. It runs great BTW!!

$nake_Life

Thank you sir! I've been subscribed to your channel it's great! When my parts come in will be back after it. Have you ever order any parts off of redcat racing.toy.com I order some shit off there and waiting to get it or hoping too I guess will see it's been two days so fare and hasn't been shipped out! I'm gonna be building a track down in the pond that's what it is where I was running it's at my house but it don't hold water. The rampage rips man it's faster than my xmaxx least to a certain point haven't had a full on drag race... Thanks for watching and subscribing brotha!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts