• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

8000 rpm springs

hardcore

wish i would have known , i orderd 8000rpm cluch springs for my 2 rampages, did not know they come 2 to a package. o well now i have 2 spares, unless i donot know what to do with that second spring.

Clubin

Banned
hardcore said:
wish i would have known , i orderd 8000rpm cluch springs for my 2 rampages, did not know they come 2 to a package. o well now i have 2 spares, unless i donot know what to do with that second spring.
I tried them, and did not like them. The engagement is too high, I installed a DDM 7500rpm spring, that works very good.

kryptonite

i keep them for spares. sometimes the 8k's break. i als swap them after some time. not really sure, but i would think they lose strength with the heat.. i like the 8k in my mt. nice and snappy, in my truggy i have treid the 8k and 7500, and since have reversed the clutch shoes for a smoother 7k..

hardcore

say i got this thing all tore down, cleaning all the bearings up, what would you all use to lubricate the bearings??

kryptonite

you are refering to "all" the bearings? i use a dry lube. same stuff thats used on mountain bike chains and stuff. lubes, but isnt a dirt magnet.

hardcore

cool. i like the cluch springs, still running my stk motor, i look like a hero with my buds, cant beleve the diff. betwean stk rampage and mine hith a pipe and cluch spring, as soon as i know i can get some steel gears i will put the 28cc cyl. on, i will be ready for another teardown by then,

kryptonite

i was shocked with the pipe/spring too. my first ramp i did all the alloy upgrades, 28.5 and a cheap X-can pipe.. i was happy.. my second ramp i only did one modifacation.. side dom pipe.. i nearly pissed my pants. the pipes are amazing.

jigawatt

mooman007uk said:
I prefer the 7500 DDM springs after trying the hpi 8000's I also found the engagement too high for me
The warranty is awesome too, lifetime, you can't beat that.

hardcore

in my opinion that pipe would have to make some real power, in my world things need to look like replica type stuff, if i had to run a pipe that ugly i would give up, but thats my opinion, thats what makes us all diff.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts