• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

70cc engine...wow got to see this.

krashkrieg

Contributor
The Losi is also 4wd....I think it's more of the big heavy tires would make wheelies less of an issue...I also would love to see that monster in an MT...go for it!

Sent from my Shoe phone using TapaToe

Cca

Stygian said:
I disagree I think it would be nice in a big heavy truck like the mt and it being a 4x4 I don't t think wheelies will be as big of an issueSent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
I'm not bashing it at all, but 4x4 or not that's got to make the front wheels useless still in a wheelie. It just will take a little bit longer is all IMO. And then factor in now you have twice the parts to deal with when the cartwheeling begins. I just look at some of the rc's I have had right down to brushless. Throw in the biggest lipo pack and speeds of 70+ mph. It just wears of fast for me when you have insane power that's almost uncontrollable at times. I mean when you think of it I've had 80cc motocross bikes as a kid, and have driven them as a adult. And at six foot six inches tall and 200lbs(give or take here too) that will still wheelie all day with me on it. So 30-40lbs give or take on a Mt, in scale size will be like a few ounces to this engine IMO. Plus does anyone know how much this monster weight is of hand? But anyways like I said I'm not putting it down at all. Just I would not think one moment that 4x4 is the (oh my goodness is going to handle so much bette) solution. The torque and power will still have you cartwheeling all day long as well I believe.

rampagemt

I had the idea of putting the center diff back along with the motor and putting a different tank in cause motor would be at the rear. And then just flop the front and rear center dogbones around

Stygian

Banned
Cca said:
I'm not bashing it at all, but 4x4 or not that's got to make the front wheels useless still in a wheelie. It just will take a little bit longer is all IMO. And then factor in now you have twice the parts to deal with when the cartwheeling begins. I just look at some of the rc's I have had right down to brushless. Throw in the biggest lipo pack and speeds of 70+ mph. It just wears of fast for me when you have insane power that's almost uncontrollable at times. I mean when you think of it I've had 80cc motocross bikes as a kid, and have driven them as a adult. And at six foot six inches tall and 200lbs(give or take here too) that will still wheelie all day with me on it. So 30-40lbs give or take on a Mt, in scale size will be like a few ounces to this engine IMO. Plus does anyone know how much this monster weight is of hand? But anyways like I said I'm not putting it down at all. Just I would not think one moment that 4x4 is the (oh my goodness is going to handle so much bette) solution. The torque and power will still have you cartwheeling all day long as well I believe.
I see what you're saying and I'm sure it will do wheelies will defiantly have to add some modifications to the truck it's self, wonder if it would be possible to add something to the front that would help keep it down and not so much wind to get under it. Wife said long as bills still get paid and we can afford it she doesn't mind so it might take 2 or 3 months which im ok with, will give me time to plan for it and figure out everything I will need.

G

Stygian said:
I disagree I think it would be nice in a big heavy truck like the mt and it being a 4x4 I don't t think wheelies will be as big of an issueSent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
I'm not even sure it would Wheelie. There is more to it then just power.

The MT would want to twist as well. Look at the vehicles that wheelie the easiest. No center drive shaft. Every time you change the direction of rotation you loose some of the energy and change the direction of force. I have been looking at the cats a lot and thinking about this. I have several high hp motors. None even come close to wheeling even the lighter X-series. When I say wheelie, I mean just a power wheelie from a dead stop or role on throttle. Now on a landing, ass down first under power, its a different story. These vehicles seem to take less energy to move forward than to lift. For the Cats that means great handling and stability.

Cca

Stygian said:
I see what you're saying and I'm sure it will do wheelies will defiantly have to add some modifications to the truck it's self, wonder if it would be possible to add something to the front that would help keep it down and not so much wind to get under it. Wife said long as bills still get paid and we can afford it she doesn't mind so it might take 2 or 3 months which im ok with, will give me time to plan for it and figure out everything I will need.
That's cool I'm interested to see what you come up with, and hope it works out for you :D ! I'm sure you will be able to fine tune it and get it set up to run easily. And sounds like you are more then willing to work with it witch is cool. I'm not even sure if wheelies are always a going to be the main problem. All your going to need is unlevel ground slightly under some throttle and I think you will have wheelies/cartwheel. But your defenetly going to have to play with shocks diffs and so on to find what works best. All in all ill be patently waiting for you to get that new mill ;) it will be cool to see for sure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts