• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

70cc...anyone?

Ildy666

Have fun trying to keep a stable drive train under that rocket ship.But the guy with the biggest rocket wins.that thing looks insane...

19cobra93

I saw that over on HBF. It makes 18hp! I'd love one, but I think the 12hp 50cc would be more usable. I think that 70cc would exceed the limit of even the aftermarket drive train parts. On a Baja that motor would just be tire spin or wheelies (sounds fun I know, but not when you're trying to get somewhere). That motor needs to be in a beefed up 4wd like a Losi, or Rampage. It would make my MT feel like a little nitro. A fast powerful snappy monster nitro. lol. Okay, I'll take one.

G

70cc...... They make little dirt bikes with 50cc engines. LOL THAT'S JUST AWESOME!

dozer187

looks sick but i don't see it workin for redcats....drivetrains will never handle that kind of power.....and how would we mount a 62mm clutch ?

G

^^+1

A guy would have to have access to a really good machine shop to custom make beefed up drive train parts. If we can break parts with just a couple hp, just think how quick it would destruct with all of that!

Obeast44

Banned
RCDAD said:
^^+1A guy would have to have access to a really good machine shop to custom make beefed up drive train parts. If we can break parts with just a couple hp, just think how quick it would destruct with all of that!
I happen to know a guy with one of those. Isn't that right Ol'Fart? :D

alfred e numan

Nice Motor. long stroke too! Back in the eightes, for 2-3 seasons Honda F-1 cars were drum-valve 4 cycle engines. Drum valve? On a single piston motor there would be 1 or 2 ? rotating ported hollow tubes in the head instead of the reprocating stem valves - with there less than ideal angles -super high valve spring pressures- - Honda had problems sealing the drums -heads at first, but they eventually resolved this. The best of both worlds-- 4 stroke -mid range with a 20,000 + top end. why even the greens would be smiling- . Any Zen - Husky- Honda -- CHINA employees reading this??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts