• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

7075 rc motor mount comb

lefnut

hay ol fart what scews should i use for the cam that mounts to the motor

Ol' fart

strodedawg said:
i know, i am in the process of a new layout and would like to use the 7075rc mount
When you order your mount tell me you want to run the 2028CC and I'll make the bolt pattern in the motor cam fit.

Are you moving the motor back a little?

Ol' fart

lefnut said:
hay ol fart what scews should i use for the cam that mounts to the motor
You have to match the thread size in your motor. probably a 4 or 5mm

BoukeG

Pictures

Here are some pictures with cam and motor using those screws. They are screwed in by 7mm into the motor, which I guess is fine - I'll use some blue locktight on them...

strodedawg

i have 2 set-ups in mind, rotating the 7075rc mount and making a new upper deck and i just ordered a losi five-t center diff to test fit with the rc-monster mount.

i have a 8s 5000 mah 65-130c lipo that i am working with to get the balance right with the 2028.

as far as runtime, my buddy runs a e-baja with 2 4s 6500 and gets 15 minutes easy on the track. if my math is right i should get around 12 minutes of runtime. lighter car, low kv and i am geared for around 36 mph. might even match his run time. don't need to hammer the throttle to stay smooth. the losi shocks help that out alot

strodedawg

bigfol said:
Hey strodedawg, post up some mock up pics, I would love to see your set up.
when i get the diff, which i am ordering after this post, i ll have a mock setup to post, then i can start getting the chassis cnc'd and make the new front brace i have in mind.

strodedawg

got the diff set-up yesterday, just ordered the rc-m motor mount also . will be doing a comparison on the diff v. 7075rc set ups rotated.

my body should be finished this week then i can strip the car down and start

G

Look forward to your build.

Deluge

strodedawg said:
i have 2 set-ups in mind, rotating the 7075rc mount and making a new upper deck and i just ordered a losi five-t center diff to test fit with the rc-monster mount.i have a 8s 5000 mah 65-130c lipo that i am working with to get the balance right with the 2028.

as far as runtime, my buddy runs a e-baja with 2 4s 6500 and gets 15 minutes easy on the track. if my math is right i should get around 12 minutes of runtime. lighter car, low kv and i am geared for around 36 mph. might even match his run time. don't need to hammer the throttle to stay smooth. the losi shocks help that out alot
Those Losi shocks are nice! How do they handle?

strodedawg

difficult at first finding soft enough springs, losi golds are too stiff. had some custom springs made to help that problem. dampening is the next problem , 25f 20r was too stiff. so i slightly enlarged 4 holes in each piston and run 15f 10r. much better ride now. the balance of the whole car is off so only time will tell is the shock set-up is dialed yet.

racing two other classes is making it hard to keep up with this project lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts