7075 diff housing

Booker

Does anyone have x series or chimera aluminum diff. Housing. New or used. I have one in the back but am tired of blowing out my front plastic p.o.s. mesage on forum or [email protected].

Redredcat0223

I might be able to get you one but there not cheap anymore cause he’s out of business it I can definitely get you one but it’s $130 if your interested let me know ASAP because I’m ready to order from my guy that has done 7075rc stuff that’s brand new leftover,only helping because I like to help out people into rc and I was looking for the same stuff a few months back because I did a custom build to an XT and when I went to order parts from 7075rc website I found out it just closed and I was asking everywhere and thank his I found this guy who has some leftover stuff left,if you end up definitely wanting to I’ll mess you my number so it’s easier to communicate!

Booker

I might be able to get you one but there not cheap anymore cause he’s out of business it I can definitely get you one but it’s $130 if your interested let me know ASAP because I’m ready to order from my guy that has done 7075rc stuff that’s brand new leftover,only helping because I like to help out people into rc and I was looking for the same stuff a few months back because I did a custom build to an XT and when I went to order parts from 7075rc website I found out it just closed and I was asking everywhere and thank his I found this guy who has some leftover stuff left,if you end up definitely wanting to I’ll mess you my number so it’s easier to communicate!
Thanks for responding. I got a hold of ol'fart and he sold me his last one he had laying around. Do you know whats going on with the guy who bought olfarts inventory. Is going to start making parts or is he going to just sell what he has.

Redredcat0223

Just sell off what he has left,I know I wish someone else would take over dougs stuff,or at least make new parts but as good as dougs stuff was,I would love to be able to get more of those parts in case something breaks,because I know you know but redcats aluminum shit sucks, the tolerances are horrible,I learned that the hard and expensive way,I bought all the redcat aluminum stuff first hen when either it broke right away or just plain did not fit,I went to 7075rc and those parts are amazing,I lucked out and got almost everything I wanted,I got the front and rear diff housings,front and rear c-hubs and steering hub,chassis,4 diff cups reinforced with stainless,front upper arms,the only thing I wish I could have gotten was the steering assembly and front and rear lower arms but to be honest the aluminum redcat steering assb,and thier al lower arms are pretty good, I think that’s the only good aluminum stuff they make besides the roll cage,so I’m completely happy with my build,but I think it’s time to probably baby this ride a little bit because we can’t get those parts anymore and build up something else that has unlimited parts like a hip,rovan or Losi,I’m either gonna build a badass Rovan buggy with a lot of aluminum,a big motor and the dune buggy full cage or a Losi 5t and do a ful cage and go retarted on aftermarket parts. Lol sorry for rambling on!!!

Booker

I just got my front housing today,the last one available. Doug said he didn't have the suspension arm holders though. I would just make the redcat ones work. But funny thing is when i ordered my rear housing, he accidentally sent me the holders for the front so im good. I totally agree with you on the redcat aluminum parts. The hubs suck. I wish i would have got the front and rear 7075 hubs,but i just replace them every year or so and peen them on the inside to get the bearings to fit tighter. I do like my redcat rear aluminum arms and the towers are pretty good. Well good luck on your future projects. Im sticking with this xt for a while longer then i will maybe get a losi 2.0.

Redredcat0223

That’s cool ya sometimes doug messes up a little but that’s ok,when I got both my diffs I had to do the same thing and use my original parts for the arms and they work just as good,ya the shock towers are good too I have them also and now that dgi racing redesigned thier arms I’m using them for the rear upper,steering arm that connects to the servo,front steering arms and just got in my front upper arms from them,I do love my XT I just don’t want to break anything that I can’t replace anymore lol but they are great trucks once you upgrade a bunch of stuff!!!H th iOS luck brotha!!!

Booker

Thats cool. I didnt like the price of the dgi arms so i made a set for the rear from 6mm heim joints i got from amazon. Had to grind them to fit. They held up ok but i got the dgi for the rear and steer. And still running the front upper arm mod with my custom links. Steers and handles really good.

Redredcat0223

Ya the dgi ones at least are gaurenteed for life bug they tightened my steering right up!i had the Redcat aluminum rear uppers and front uppers but they were so loose especially where the adjustment bar goes into the arms lol Hey I have the set of aluminum front spindles if that’s what your using you can have them if you want cause I’ll never use them

Booker

Those redcat rear uppers are total crap. The plastic ones last longer. Front hubs from doug or redcat? I have the redcat ones . If you have new redcat ones i will buy them. Im still trying to find ones from 7075 but no luck yet.

Redredcat0223

Ya they are the Redcat aluminum ones,you can have them for free,I’ll never use them but I will definitely keep my eyes open for the front 7075 spindles first you

Booker

Ok thanks. I will let you know if i cant find any 7075 ones. The redcat ones are ok if you make the bearings fit tight.

Redredcat0223

My issue with them is they don’t fit together when you put those black inserts in,I had to grind the spindle down a little and I’ve talked to quite a few other people with the same issue,thier tolorences suck!!!But ya no problem bud

Members online

Latest posts