• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

WTB 7075 aluminum diff housings

Redredcat0223

If anybody has a set of 7075 Rc front and rear aluminum diff housings for the rampage XT I will buy them from you ASAP,Thanks for looking at my ad I appreciate it!

Rickyracer23

Mr. 7075 is MIA. Therefore, I rebuilt front and rear composite diff cases and used Devcon epoxy to support the bearings in the mushroomed cases. The epoxy is much harder than the composite. I'm hoping it holds up to the 36cc long-block power/torque. Also, as you can see in pics... I went with aluminum everything, customized pivot pins to retain grease with machined grooves and O-rings. Also went with CVs on front & rear driveshafts and CV boots on everything except front outer steering CVs since there's no room for the boots.

Attachments

• 20191223_034230.jpg
    20191223_034230.jpg
    391.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 20191223_034206.jpg
    20191223_034206.jpg
    353.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 20191223_034240.jpg
    20191223_034240.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 30

Rickyracer23

Modified main pivot pins w/internal grease grooves and O-ring seals. Hub pivot: Just outer washers and rubber hose in-center to retain grease and repel debris.

Attachments

• 20191223_035434.jpg
    20191223_035434.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 20191223_035404.jpg
    20191223_035404.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 16

Redredcat0223

Wow that looks awesome and will definitely work,I just want the diffs to hold up,I guess if they go I’ll rebuild them like you did but I am gonna go to a machine shop and see if they will make me thicker dogbones all around.I also will see if they can make me a set of aluminum diff housings,I mean if 7075rc did it I don’t see why somebody else can’t.One other thing can you tell me where you got the actual rubber boots at?Oh and I don’t know if you seen these or not but on dgi racing’s site they sell carbon fiber sleeves for all of the diff cups on all the X-series trucks and cars to reinforce them it’s like $18 for 2 but I’ve heard from some people that run high hp motors that used to crack thiers that they really work good,cause I’m tossed between a zenoah g320 or a obr 7.5 motor,if I can get the stuff machined that I want I’ll go with the obr,if not then just the stock g320,thanks for responding to me I appreciate it!

Redredcat0223

Can I ask where did you get the cv’s for the front and rear driveshafts?And the cv boots? Thanks a lot brotha!

Rickyracer23

Wow that looks awesome and will definitely work,I just want the diffs to hold up,I guess if they go I’ll rebuild them like you did but I am gonna go to a machine shop and see if they will make me thicker dogbones all around.I also will see if they can make me a set of aluminum diff housings,I mean if 7075rc did it I don’t see why somebody else can’t.One other thing can you tell me where you got the actual rubber boots at?Oh and I don’t know if you seen these or not but on dgi racing’s site they sell carbon fiber sleeves for all of the diff cups on all the X-series trucks and cars to reinforce them it’s like $18 for 2 but I’ve heard from some people that run high hp motors that used to crack thiers that they really work good,cause I’m tossed between a zenoah g320 or a obr 7.5 motor,if I can get the stuff machined that I want I’ll go with the obr,if not then just the stock g320,thanks for responding to me I appreciate it!

Rubber boots on Ebay or Amazon. For the Losi if I'm not mistaken. There's multiple different brands that make em but I chose these cuz they have a good groove for securing them to the cups. They seem to be a good mix of rubber and silicone.
Ya, I saw the carbon sleeves but I may or may not just machine my own out of stainless. I don't like using carbon for high stress/impact points. I've seen too many bad things happen when you do that...

Rickyracer23

Can I ask where did you get the cv’s for the front and rear driveshafts?And the cv boots? Thanks a lot brotha!

CVs on Ebay but they say they only fit the rear in which they are too long for front and rear both. So, I measured, cut, TIG welded, and trued them to optimum lengths. We'll see if they hold up after welding...

Redredcat0223

Thanks a lot man for getting back to me,I wish I could machine my own stuff,the things I would make lol,I actually just called around yesterday and found a guy near me that makes custom parts out of steel and aluminum,do I’m gonna have him make me 2 diff housings out of aluminum and all 6 dogbones out of steel I guess,I’ll see what the dude thinks is best for them,I like the paint idea too,thanks again brotha for gettin back to me I appreciate it!

Rickyracer23

I'd be carefull with the dogbones. The OEM ones are spring steel. I believe that if you make em out of steel, they'll just twist over time and/or break. The only other material that would work would be titanium. I've had tianium dogbones made for another car of mine and they worked great. Titanium acts as a very good spring. Why do you want to make dogbones anyway?

Redredcat0223

Thanks for that info,I was gonna make them because I thought that would be the weakest link when I was done since I’d like to put the 8hp obr motor in my truck

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online