• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

60 Mph Tt Build

PISTOL PETE

I Want To Build A Tt For One Thing,speed. Starting With A Tt Roller. Whats It Going To Take To Build A 60+ Mph Rig. I Need A List Of Parts-eng-servos-tires And Wheels-gearing-ect. And Price Where Is The Best Place To Buy This Stuff? Also Some Ideas. What Helped You Make You Ramp Faster,And why? It Will See Some Grass And Mild Bumpy Terrain So It Cant Be Made From Popsicle Sticks And Basla. but will be on pavement most of the time. no jumping

Last edited by a moderator:

Martin

As for gearing you have to run in the 5 to 6:1 ratio combined with an engine with a good high RPM range, something around 18000rpm.

Clutch shaft 35, B shaft 25....... something like; 35/25 and 26/23 = 5.62:1 but forgot about take off, your better to use ''two speed'' to keep a good take off, but...... 2 speed do not exist.

This is also what I want with my TT in building, alot of top spedd since I bash almost all the time in a very very large sand area, but I also want a good take off, this is why I plan to make a two speed as soon as I get enough spare time.

I already have a 2wd baja xrc buggy with a two speed on it with a top speed of around 55mph, both ratio are;

First speed = 8.61:1

Second speed = 5.94:1

I can tell you that if I stick it in second gear, it bugg down a good 25 feet before to accelerate....... this is almost impossible to drive this buggy with only one speed of 5.94:1, in one speed mode it run well around 7.5:1 ratio.

Have some Video of the 2 speed buggy in action If you want to see it.

Last edited by a moderator:

timsted

ONB 25.4 raceport, MCD 36/26, 26/23 with side dom, safe tune, and hostile at's pushed my TT to 55mph on the radar. 33/27 with a safeish tune was 50-51mph.

big motor to get you going, fast motor to use lower gearing, hi rev pipe, and tall light tires. also, MCD 31/19 in c/d will fit.

have fun!

Ron E

Contributor
timsted said:
ONB 25.4 raceport, MCD 36/26, 26/23 with side dom, safe tune, and hostile at's pushed my TT to 55mph on the radar. 33/27 with a safeish tune was 50-51mph.
big motor to get you going, fast motor to use lower gearing, hi rev pipe, and tall light tires. also, MCD 31/19 in c/d will fit.

have fun!
that sounds like fun... 55 mph 4x4 5th scale = :eek: :D

Martin

timsted said:

have fun!
From an average calculation... (don't know exactly your tire size) ... you get a little more RPM with 37/23 than 36/26, somewhere around 15800rpm vs 16200rpm.

Have you tried with a smaller gear? I'm surprised that this engine do not get more RPM.

For the two-speed, this is not for tomorow, somewhere on the end of Mai or mid June I expect to begin the work on this.

timsted

Martin, ya i did do the math, and was a little disappointed at the rpm, but it's a 25.4cc pushing a 30lb brick to 55 mph in about 150 yards. it was a dog off the line, but you couldn't mistake when it got on the pipe. i only did 2 runs at 55 and was low on fuel so i didn't tune for max rpm. in oval racing gears, i'm geared lower than my buddies 27.2, and can catch him on the straights, so it does crank out good rpm when reasonably loaded.

OP, mcd gears have the ratios you need, i'm running a single digi4 rhino servo, if your rig is set up for 2, hs5745 will be plenty. hitech mg 805 have good specs and great prices too. engine, the balance point is getting enough power to pull tall gears, but not killing rpm's. it's an old story of 2 bajas, one has a big motor, usually a 30.5, who is getting passed on the big end by his buddies rtr. for your purpose, i'd look at a 4 bolt 28.5 raceport on a budget, and for all out power a fullmod 30.5. anything in between should work. in the baja world, the jetpro v3 pipe is the king of rpm, and with some mods can be made to fit a ramp.

hamster huey

I came to the same conclusion. In all my and my friends pipe testing on the 5t/5b the jetpro v3 is the best in my opinion, don't ask I cant prove it,its just my opinion:D Im sending mine in to Sprint to be turned into a Ramp rear mount. Im going to run it on either my ported 27.2 or ported 28.5 not sure which yet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.