• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

45cc engine

owen91

I would definitely think the cheap silencer pulls som power away,not the good ones though,truck looks good,wow I bought the same motor right before my zenoah and it was the cy-gp290 with the stuffed crank 2 bolt which I didn’t know when I bought it,and of course it was a little faster then my stock hy but I was not impressed at all,it just seemed like it didn’t rev as high as it should do I called ddm and he told me ya that’s not the motor you want cause I was gonna try and get a bigger top end but he said they have nothing for that motor so he told me to buy the zenoah 320 and dammit I was gonna buy that first but of course I figured d save a hundred bucks lol. Get what you pay for but if you think your xt runs good with that motor wait till you up it to the zenoah. Lol night and day!!!Man good luck with the mt think you almost have it dialed in!!

Thanks!! I tried my best haha yes that cy29 gp29 don't rev much! maybe cause the stroke? mine is 30mm stroke I heard bigger stroke lower revs

Redredcat0223

Ya i read about those holes being different,I know that Bartolone pipe is expensive but if you could get that one that truck would definitely be night and day or even take a jet pro or a ddm and cut the end off and buy or cut the one off of the Rovan one you have and have an exhaust shop Weld it on,I don’t like using a piece of hose to connect them but then you would hav3 a badass pipe,I’ve never been to keen on those Rovan pipes,i just wonder if they really hav3 an experienced exhaust guy who did the research to make those pipes work to thier fullest potential,if it were mine I would def save and buy the Bartolone,they seem to really work and he’s well known but if I really couldn’t afford it I would def do a jet pro or ddm and cut and weld the ends,I’d buy a blemished pipe from one of those guys,I bought my ddm blemised for $109 even jet pro has blems,I honest couldn’t tell anything was even wrong with the chrome on mine,then I’d cut them myself and an exhaust shop would prob charge $25 to weld it up,just my opinion,hope it helps but I’m sure you probably have a better plan and can’t wait to see it brotha!!!

owen91

Ya i read about those holes being different,I know that Bartolone pipe is expensive but if you could get that one that truck would definitely be night and day or even take a jet pro or a ddm and cut the end off and buy or cut the one off of the Rovan one you have and have an exhaust shop Weld it on,I don’t like using a piece of hose to connect them but then you would hav3 a badass pipe,I’ve never been to keen on those Rovan pipes,i just wonder if they really hav3 an experienced exhaust guy who did the research to make those pipes work to thier fullest potential,if it were mine I would def save and buy the Bartolone,they seem to really work and he’s well known but if I really couldn’t afford it I would def do a jet pro or ddm and cut and weld the ends,I’d buy a blemished pipe from one of those guys,I bought my ddm blemised for $109 even jet pro has blems,I honest couldn’t tell anything was even wrong with the chrome on mine,then I’d cut them myself and an exhaust shop would prob charge $25 to weld it up,just my opinion,hope it helps but I’m sure you probably have a better plan and can’t wait to see it brotha!!!

I know! i seen videos on youtube with the bartolone pipe and man it was out while screaming in a good way maybe in the future i will look into possibly getting it

GWB3gs

after almost finished breaking in this new 45 motor however stock gearing seems way too low now any advice on higher gears?
possible XT gears swap?

What 45cc did you use? I have a Brand new Rovan Rofun 45cc that I was going to install in my MT because I already have it in my Baja 5 and it runs great! however the width because of the ez start is going to require some notching of the chassis did you have to do that? Any pictures appreciated thank you.

owen91

What 45cc did you use? I have a Brand new Rovan Rofun 45cc that I was going to install in my MT because I already have it in my Baja 5 and it runs great! however the width because of the ez start is going to require some notching of the chassis did you have to do that? Any pictures appreciated thank you.

I used the drill start mod because it is thinner the pull start

Or your going to have to swap over your regular pull start! And regular flywheel it will work that way!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.