• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

420 Chimera build continues

John Blaze

This beast has been an ongoing project but its finally finishing up I think. I took some pics during the build and thought I should share the ups and downs that occurred during the process of trying to build a race worthy Chimera using 7075rc parts for durability.

John Blaze

I tore the car apart and started from the chassis which is beautiful the best looking chassis ive ever seen and very strong aswell

John Blaze

I had it all built back up with the stock motor in it only to have the engine finally give out the black smoke on the first run with the new chassis. So I went home and ordered a Zenoah g320rc engine, hpi Baja air filter complete set and a snappy rc fuel line kit.

John Blaze

theres a few things that weren't fitting properly on the 7075rc chassis. Like the front bumper which I had to shave off a bunch of material to fit.

John Blaze

once I was able to fit the bumper between the chassis and the diff case the srews are left protruding out like this. But I was told if I use a tbone aftermarket bumper that it will be a more proper fit. To bad because I kind of like the stock bumper I haven't broke it yet.

John Blaze

I also had to dremel out part off the roll cage front section that connects to the chassis in order for it to fit properly.

John Blaze

Ive been running the buggy in sand a lot so I bought the hpi Baja air filter setup. This improved the engine by helping it breathe better very highly recommend it. Don't mind the tape on the throttle linkage I was in a hurry and it worked and had to modify the linkage to work.

Ol' fart

Hi John,

What happened to the Stainless Steel Sleeve on the servo saver? It's not going to work right without it.

John Blaze

Hey Doug I never received the stainless sleeve for the servo saver with my order and my spring has a bend in it. Your right it's been hard to set it up straight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.