• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

36cc gas motor Vs 29cc. Proof other than a sticker.

gasserbob

Hello

I have been reading and reading and looking at endless forums and photos and am trying to figure out how to tell a 36cc motor apart from any other size cc motor beside a sticker on the side of the case.

I have a 36cc in my buggy but is it really a 36cc?

Sure the stickers say 36cc and all that jazz but where is the proof?

Anyone can slap a sticker on something and make claim.

Ive looked at the carb sizes, the side capped off plate and so on but cannot see any difference or any numbers stamped on the block or head specifying the CC's other than a sticker.

Anyone have any knowledge on the issue?

Attachments

• IMG_4777.JPG
    IMG_4777.JPG
    470.4 KB · Views: 11

sunoco

Hello

I have been reading and reading and looking at endless forums and photos and am trying to figure out how to tell a 36cc motor apart from any other size cc motor beside a sticker on the side of the case.

I have a 36cc in my buggy but is it really a 36cc?

Sure the stickers say 36cc and all that jazz but where is the proof?

Anyone can slap a sticker on something and make claim.

Ive looked at the carb sizes, the side capped off plate and so on but cannot see any difference or any numbers stamped on the block or head specifying the CC's other than a sticker.

Anyone have any knowledge on the issue?
i never owned one of these engines.-- i do know this though-- on a zenoah or cy 4 bolt engine- 36cc bore and a 30mm connecting rod = 30.5 cc. there are new engines coming out all the time- big time power and big time prices too-- heck, i could buy a decent full sized car for the cost of some of these engines people have come up with--- as far as horse power - it really should be metric like the rest of the world- kilowatts. Horse power- what kind of horse- lol- shetland pony? draft horse? - how bout a tennesee mule-? - lol--- just saying--

Thwmathue

As far as the 29cc and the 36cc engine, to find the difference you have to measure the bore and stroke.To find the cylinder volume you take (3.1415 x radius) squared x stroke. This will give you a close calculation of the displacement it won't be exact do the the volume of the dome of the head -the dome of the piston. It also has to do with weather they measure just the compression area or the total stroke (i.e the compression area plus the port area). Simply put its complicated.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts