• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

36cc Engine in User Manual

mvaughn12

I see in the user manual there is a 26cc, 30cc installed and a 36cc. Not sure if this vehicle can handle a 36cc but I'm gonna find out. Lol gonna order the 36cc for this chimera and add in the 2 speed tranny lol i'll be making a video on this soon and it comes in and gets installed!!! :D

mvaughn12

RCDAD said:
You can get that 36 from Flowsystem Racing or OBR.
Thanks Rcdad!! You just made my day!!! Sold my one truck on ebay so gonna use the money to buy that puppy!!! :p

G

I've got one in my MT.

mvaughn12

RCDAD said:
I've got one in my MT.
WOW!!! That Sucker Is SWEET!!!! Are you gonna put the electric Starter on that one? LOL It really turns heads at my track when I start my chimera up via my transmitter lol . Whats the Model Number of that Engine? ALso what do you clean your truck with after you get through running it? LOL that Sucker is SHINY!!!!

G

mvaughn12 said:
WOW!!! That Sucker Is SWEET!!!! Are you gonna put the electric Starter on that one? LOL It really turns heads at my track when I start my chimera up via my transmitter lol . Whats the Model Number of that Engine? ALso what do you clean your truck with after you get through running it? LOL that Sucker is SHINY!!!!
I probably won't add an electric starter to the MT. I might on one of the other rigs. I am going to wait an see how the Losi starter is before I try one. I was thinking of the Losi starter for the XB since I'm going with a wider chassis.

I don't have a model number for the 36. I had it ported by Flowsystem Racing. Sounds like they don't have it anymore.

For cleaning, I use this home made solution.

Kuneff

Does the "tuned" pipe on ebay for $170 give any power increase over the Redcat tuned pipe?

G

Not sure what pipe you are referring to, but a good tuned pipe will make a night and day difference in performance.

John Blaze

The jetpro pipe for the chimera is the best pipe hands down I hit 58 kmh with 31/29/25/25 gearing with stock engine stock carb and stock clutch spring and 87 octane gas big difference like Rcdad said

rcgasser

+1 on the jetpro pipe its the best pipe for the chimera and will make the car perform on a completely new level add the silencer and the 2 speed and the chimera is stupid fast.

Kuneff

What kinda money is the 2 speed?

Does the carb need rejetted for the JetPro pipe? What kinda speed/acceleration difference is it? Anyone test it all on a GPS yet?

rcgasser

Click on Demon Rc to the left for more information on the 2 speed. Yes the carb will need readjusted when you add the jetpro pipe.

rcgasser

I have not GPS but here is a pic of it wide open on the 2 speed it will keep up and leave all of the bajas I race every weekend.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.