• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

32cc OBR Reed question

Subtlebeast

Hi All,

I put on a OBR 32cc Reed motor on my MT and it seems to need tweaking of the needle after running it for a bit. I have about 3 tanks on it. It starts within 3 pulls. It runs like a champ for about 20 minutes and then it seems I need to adjust the hi and/or low needle on the carb. Is this normal?

G-Man

Hi All,

I put on a OBR 32cc Reed motor on my MT and it seems to need tweaking of the needle after running it for a bit. I have about 3 tanks on it. It starts within 3 pulls. It runs like a champ for about 20 minutes and then it seems I need to adjust the hi and/or low needle on the carb. Is this normal?
I don't think it's normal at all. Rarely do I need to touch needles. Basically I richen in colder months and lean a bit in summer. Usually its 1/16-1/8 turn. Maybe you are experiencing fuel tank vapor lock?

Subtlebeast

Thanks for the response. I tightened up my carb and exhaust bolts and all seems good now.

Subtlebeast

Loving it. I upgraded to a 7075 frame last year and did the motor this year. The top end is sick. I broke a cva shaft on the front right yesterday so I need to look into options moving forward. Love your rig and videos btw.

Good to hear. How you liking the OBR power in there?

G-Man

Loving it. I upgraded to a 7075 frame last year and did the motor this year. The top end is sick. I broke a cva shaft on the front right yesterday so I need to look into options moving forward. Love your rig and videos btw.
Awesome! I have a 32cc Zenoah with a race ported head and piston kit on it from ESP. Runs well. I have an OBR g340 signature series in my mtxl and barely notice a power difference between the OBR and ESP. The OBR definitely has more torque

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online