• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

23mm 40 Series For Rampage

hamster huey

I am going to try Proline 40 series beadlocks and rear 23mm adapters from the 5b. 5B rear hexes work on the Ramp so the 23mm 5b rears should too. I have the adapters and rims on the way. If they don't work I have another use for them so all is well. Im not sure which tire I want though..... The only thing iffy about fitment is the turning of the front when mounted. We'll know soon enough. Hopefully the beadlock can take more of a beating to the rim and the rubber than the glued style rims. I have high hopes because people have been doing this conversion to the 5b for a while. I think if the tire is too small maybe swap buggy gears around?

Here is a rundown on pricing of new items however they can be found as a deal on ebay.

Rear 23mm adapters X4 $60

40 series tires X4 $50

40 series 23mm beadlocks $64

40 series Racers Edge stiff sidewall foam $15

IMADMAN

Are you talking MT type rims/wheels meant for 1/10 1/8 trucks? If so you'll end up rounding out the hexes in the wheels in pretty short order.

hamster huey

Oh yeah its a complete experiment in durablity for sure. Im sceptical that the wheel wheel be able to withstand side force without blowing out. But I figure if people use them on the 5b which has the power only divided by 2 drive wheels which is alot of power to 2 wheels, the Ramp has less power going to each wheel cause the power is divided by 4, so anyways yeah its an experiment. You reallt think itll round out 23mm? I am thinking the wheels or tires would give before that but we'll see!

Ron E

Contributor
the xtm buggy I just took in on trade has 23mm hubs, proline wheels and moabs on it, I don't know how hard it was driven but they seemed to work ok on it... although i'm switching it back to stock, it came with the stock wheels/tires that look great but not the stock hubs.

hamster huey

Ok heres the results so far. I just got the tires from Ron E. They mount fine but they are wide. I don't like axle extenders because they make the turning circle too big. And also axle extenders lower the ground clearance. I like to turn as tight as possible and I like as much ground clearance as possible w/o flipping so Im going to stick with the HPI rear hexes. For those of you who like wide axle extenders this is for you. They are approx the same diameter as 5b bow ties. They turn just fine. They don't interfere with turning or suspension. I did not check to see if the set of tires Ron sent had the stiff foams but I'll open them later. I didnt run them on the Ramp but Im going to give them a full thrashing on the 5T and let everyone know.

100_1230.jpg

100_1227.jpg

100_1222.jpg

100_1209.jpg

/monthly_2010_03/100_1230.jpg.6eed1ee0253d5da04a1a3e1a106a30aa.jpg

/monthly_2010_03/100_1227.jpg.93ade3990bb34c0404a9b1a98295591f.jpg

/monthly_2010_03/100_1222.jpg.9a13ca0becff5b5e3a8e1df3c3a680ce.jpg

/monthly_2010_03/100_1209.jpg.e976090b788b1984319a3c30d4d4f57d.jpg

fastlane

Team Driver
Ron E said:
the xtm buggy I just took in on trade has 23mm hubs, proline wheels and moabs on it, I don't know how hard it was driven but they seemed to work ok on it... although i'm switching it back to stock, it came with the stock wheels/tires that look great but not the stock hubs.
what XTM buggy do you have? I just got a X Terminator SC converted that I will be going brushless with.

Ron E

Contributor
xtm 1/6 buggy, firehammer, traveller, carson, fg marder clone. the black one in the corner... needs a little love.

rampagettcage019.jpg

truggy looks great hamster.

Last edited by a moderator:

hamster huey

I finally got done testing the 40 series Moabs from Ron E on the 5t. They work very well. If they werent so damn wide on the Ramp Id use them. I love that the Ramp can turn a tighter circle than most 1/5s and don't want to lose that. I drove them hard on dirt and concrete but this clay was so freakin sticky! It rained the last 4 days in a row! The moabs worked great on asphalt and sticky dirt but on wet grass they didnt get much traction. I would either dremel some grooves into the tire lugs or get a different tire for loose dry dirt. It had a lot of traction forward and sideways on the wet clay. Heres a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr8MPDpR9uw

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online