• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

200 amp 8S from HK

bigfol

Looks like a toro copy, but yeah can't bet the price, I have say I have had nothing excellent service from HK, although I might be speaking to soon, I have just sent in my first warranty claim, not really expecting it to be processed very quickly......

twissted

Banned
it's not. I looking at something different. It went up in smoke when I used reverse. I got about 3 batteries threw it when it happened. they need to do more work on this esc. it took out the reciever and the BEC as well. not good at all!!!

twissted

Banned
I'm in the middle of a 56" boat build at the moment so I have it on the back burner. I'm thinking of trying this esc. I just hope it will hold up to the motor I'm running. I bought 2 more motors to run the new boat I'm building.

bigfol

twissted said:
it's not. I looking at something different. It went up in smoke when I used reverse. I got about 3 batteries threw it when it happened. they need to do more work on this esc. it took out the reciever and the BEC as well. not good at all!!!
Well that sux's, I wish the people claiming to be able to make these esc's, do some more testing before releasing them to the public, I have found a guy on ebay who is selling a similar looking esc, but he reckons he can build them to take up 450amps, he sells them under the Alien brand name, ever heard of this one? I would like to try in my boat on 12s...........http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271135114741?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Last edited by a moderator:

twissted

Banned
I bought the HK 200 amp esc today, it should be here in a week or 2. I also picked up some nano mached lipos that are 8s 5000 65-130 discarge. and some titanium turnbuckels.

Last edited by a moderator:

X-ray man

Similar issue

I had the toro version of that esc which appears identical. It burned after 6 runs, had a cap pack in place and all looked sound. Not 100% sure what went wrong. Can't ac us the quality of the esc, just know I did a I could on my part. Moved on to CC xl2 in my rampage mt and chimera with no issue so far(KOW). I can say that the toro esc ran strong even if it was only for 6 runs..

G

We you running 6s or 8s?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.