• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

2 Speed Trans gearing help needed please.

jandmt

I'm thinking if picking up a 2 speed Trans for my dunerunner. What gearing would give me good take off and good top speed?

jandmt

Where can I find this calculator chart?

jandmt

Found the calculator. Thanks! But I need to know what the stock gearing is on the dune runner, anyone?

jandmt

rcgasser said:
I run 37/19 on my DR super great take off and good top speed.
Which 2 speed are you running?

Phill

jandmt said:
Found the calculator. Thanks! But I need to know what the stock gearing is on the dune runner, anyone?
Mine came with 35/25/25/25 - WAY too slow on top speed

Now run 29/31/25/25

Great all round ratio with great takeoff and good top speed

GCraig

Does anyone here know how to get in touch with DemonRC in Houston Tx. I have been sending emails to them all week and getting no response back. Pease help me.

rcgasser

That is the 2 speed that demon started out with then they had to split so demon redesigned to make a better one. I would like to know how he is posting 2 different 2 speeds if you look at the pics they are not the same and the end pics are stolen from demon rc.

jandmt

Maybe they have stolen the new demon design. It would be interesting to order the silver one from them to see how it looks.

Greggfromohio

That's odd, especially since there is two different 2 speeds in the photos. It certainly looks like the design is stolen from demon

rcgasser

Also he has no parts for his so if you wanted to change to different gearing or you need to replace a gear you have striped how are you supposed to get replacement parts.

jandmt

By the looks of it, demonrc parts look like will fit it. Can't beat the much cheaper price though.

rcgasser

No his parts will not fit the unit you will be getting is the first pic the gears and the one way washer was completely redesigned and different size gears. A completely different unit.

Last edited by a moderator:

jandmt

rcgasser said:
I run 37/19 on my DR super great take off and good top speed.
Is your top speed better with that gear ratio? Or were you more after better takeoff.

Jaybone9086

I'm also putting in a 2 speed transmission find the demon transmission and I'm still trying to figure out what gears I should run I put in a 45cc motor so was thinking my second gear but don't know what gears to put in please help

Jaybone9086

sorry was using voice type Can not find the demon transmission for my Rampage Mt and with my 45cc motor want to know what gears I should put in for nice torque and a high-speed

Steven

hey guys, could someone tell me where to find the calculator chart that was mention in earlier conversation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.