• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

2 important build tips for all models of Rampage

Bormann8

Hello everyone. I bought a Redcat Chimera XR about a month ago and the first thing I did was completely disassemble the vehicle and locktited all screws that threaded into metal but that is not the tip.

Tip 1. Don't over tighten the nuts
When tightening the 3 nuts that hold the gears in place on transmission, do not over tighten the nuts. When I was done tightening all the fasteners on my Chimera, I noticed it would not roll. After I did some research on this forum I found info about this important fact. Just snug nuts down till there's no play in gears and make sure you loctite the nuts.

Tip 2. Give the spark plug a proper gap
After I was done reassembling the vehicle it would not start. After troubleshooting car I found I had no spark. Spark plug was not fouled and I was getting fuel so I thought maybe bad coil. Again I did some research here on this forum and saw several people make comments about making sure the coil was properly gapped. Well when I assembled my car, I just bolted on the coil and didn't gap it. I went in and gapped and it started right up.

I made this thread because although I saw these problems mentioned, I did not see a thread specifically devoted to these important facts. These tips are for all gas power Rampages as far as I know. Hope this can help anyone out there

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts