• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

2/21 carnage.

twisted - bones

So here we go. I took the cat to a local track with some decent jumps. I was going to just go to the BMX track but figured I would start out slow. Only took me 15 minutes:eek: to finish her off to the point of where an insurance company would call it totaled. The only things holding the front end on are the servo arms and chassis brace. Check out the pics. video of the whole run is in editing.

Will be a while before the cat is up again. broke too many parts to buy at one time. It did do a nice job of spraying the track with screws and plastic though:D

hamster huey

Wow, how many parts do you think youll need? Is the chassis aable to be bent back?

rob64n

Contributor
i think you have your chain pull is on the wrong side of your alignment rack,lol. i've put mine through some monster jumps and still haven't came close to tweakin one like that, it looks like a radio failure at full throttle into a brick wall, i'm sure that made one hell of a bang.

twisted - bones

It almost cleared the double! but stuffed the front end into the top HARD. The chassis is full of stress fractures let alone it is bent through the diff housing screw holes so I would say its trash. All screws associated with the front diff and shock tower are either pulled out and gone or had the heads snapped off. This truck took a lashing for fifteen minutes. As for the video I am working on it right now. Was really windy so the sound is crap, will fill it with music. see if I can save the impact sound in the video.

rob64n

Contributor
hamster you can ask sprint about movin stuff like that,lol, he moved an 8x8 railroad tie at diggers last year, he closed pit lane with it, kinda like what they do at a demolition derby with a backhoe to keep the cars from comin out, it bent the shock tower and busted the a arm of coarse, he was real happy.

twisted - bones

Well after editing some of the clips it has become apparent that the damage was actually a culmination of all the crashes combined. It just came to a head on that last fateful jump. Pretty solid WHACK:eek: sound on that one too.

As for the video, please be patient as I am self learning Adobe after effects, this will be my first video edit with it and it is a very in depth program. The end result should please. :cool: hoping to have it completed in the next couple of days provided my snail of a puter cooperates.

twisted - bones

Thats whats nice about it. repairs are easy....costly but easy. Will definately be doing some beefing up un some things I can see as weaknesses.

twisted - bones

My question would be "how could you not see the parking stop sitting there?" not very aware of his environment. Was still awesome though. Have mine on video and in editing, put the whole thing in slow mo for all the crashes. Should be done tonight maybe.

hamster huey

A rampage on a bmx track. Is it going to make me close my eyes and make my rear end pucker shut?

twisted - bones

The video is in processing on you tube right now. will post a link tomorrow sometime. Please excuse the low quality. the camcorder was set on the lowest setting so the video is questionable at best. :mad: That wont happen again.

twisted - bones

I have tried in air corrections with this thing. It is nothing like my truggy which I have full control of in the air. Panic revs have no effect on bringing the front end up on the 30+pound beast when it is already heading down. When I do the rebuild I will be replacing the shock oils since like a moron I did not do when I bought them. There is just too much rebound in the rear end. I think if the wheel base were a little longer it would help stabilize the truck in the air as well make it handle better on the ground. And then there is always the need for a center dif. which would allow for a longer wheelbase......hmmm think I will go take a look at a mcd center dif. real quick. might have to have a custom chassis made to fit one of those and add a little length to keep the current dogbones.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts