• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

1679 - OBr Bolt On Cylinder Reed and ADA juicebox boost bottle

Sergio

hi guys i was doing some reseach and came across these 2 products both claiming more power, has anyone used them or are they just a waste of money?

Sergio

yeah just read about the juicebox but i also read about obr bolt on cylinder reed on the baja forum and read some good things hopefully someone else has more info

G

Boost bottles are garbage. I would recommend porting the motor before adding a reed. Im not sure if you would notice a difference on a stock motor. Other than a good pipe there really is no bolt on hp.

Sergio

RCDAD said:
Boost bottles are garbage. I would recommend porting the motor before adding a reed. Im not sure if you would notice a difference on a stock motor. Other than a good pipe there really is no bolt on hp.
yeah i did read about porting the engine first before adding the reed but i do like the way it looks

GTS 666

I've ran a boost bottle for a while and think they look cool and give people something to chat about but if they give extra performance it is definelty something that is so minimal they are not worth the cost nor hassle.

The Reed blocks from what I have read off other forums don't really do much either as the engine is a piston port motor to start with Not a reed case motor.

Chief409

OBR offers the bottom end for reed engines also, I think if you go through their engine info and blogs you'll find plenty more info. I've found they are straight up and no BS in my dealings with them.

No boost bottles. Everything I've heard about boost bottles is "snake oil".

Last edited by a moderator:

Chief409

Read the OBR engine descriptions, look at the dyno charts, look at the blogs and ask using the contact button if you're not sure about something. Monday to Friday I've always gotten a reply the next business day.

Chief409

Mods are a matter of personal choice. Only you can make the decision.

I have a Prostroke 30.5 and use it in the Dune Runner. Bashing it's great, on a track it has more power then needed, sand drags, TBD. How would I rate it, 5 out of 5.

Ain't saying that is what I'll have in my upcoming custom sand rig though!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts