• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

1/5th Scale Racing in Phoenix!!!

The Nitro Pit will be hosting its first 1/5 scale race on Saturday Aug. 2nd. Racing starts at 6pm. Entry fee is $15. I need to get a list of names that will be attending. There will also be a practice session this Friday, July 25th from 6pm till 11pm, and every Friday night from then on. Practice fee is $10.

As most of you know, when Papago got closed down by the city, I bought a share of The Nitro Pit. I am trying to talk my business partners into building a purpose built 1/5th scale track, but to do that, I need to show them that there will be a decent turnout for this type of racing. So for the months of August and September, we will be holding a 1/5 scale race every other Saturday, then hopefully we can build a 1/5 scale track like no other.

We will race 2wd and 4wd together unless we get five cars for each class, then we will separate them. We will be running two 10 minute qualifiers and a 20 minute A main. If there are enough for a B Main, it will be 10 minutes and the top two will bump up to the A main.

So let me know who can attend this first race. Below will be the master list.

1. Myself (Bill Massey) -4wd Buggy

2. Andy Piceno -2wd Buggy

3. Rob -4wd Buggy

4. ViolentJR- 2wd Buggy

5. Angelshark- 2wd Buggy & 4wd Buggy

6. Defunkt- 2wd Buggy

7. Jeckler- 2wd Buggy

8. Scooby (Tucson)

9. Slamnd60 (Tucson)

10. 1 other Tucson crew member

11. Bill Irwin and crew- 4 total, all 2wd

15. Scoot (from the az rc freaks website)

16. rliguori

Last edited by a moderator:
M

magnum57

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!! wish I knew how to race. I'll need to hit the Fri practice alot to hang with u guys. checked out the U-tube vids. :eek: awesome track. first class. way to go getting the 1/5 scale action on that track. :D

Last edited:
You gonna race Magnum?

Updated List

1. Myself (Bill Massey) -4wd Buggy

2. Andy Piceno -2wd Buggy

3. Rob -4wd Buggy

4. ViolentJR- 2wd Buggy

5. Angelshark- 2wd Buggy & 4wd Buggy

6. Defunkt- 2wd Buggy

7. Jeckler- 2wd Buggy

8. Scooby (Tucson)

9. Slamnd60 (Tucson)

10. 1 other Tucson crew member

11. Bill Irwin and crew- 4 total, all 2wd

15. Scoot (from the az rc freaks website)

16. rliguori

Last edited by a moderator:
M

magnum57

I will be there as a spectator for the Aug 2nd race. i need to see how it all works. Hopefully be ready to give it a shot in the Sept race. Looks like I need to get a buggy to hang with u guy’s:confused:

Last edited:
Here is what we have for each class. We need 1 more for 4WD to seperate the classes.

2WD

1. Andy Piceno

2. ViolentJR

3. Angelshark (California)

4. Defunkt

5. Jeckler

6. Scooby (Tucson)

7. Slamnd60 (Tucson)

8. 1 other Tucson crew member

9. Kevin Irwin

10. Josh Irwin

11. Scoot

12. rliguori

4WD

1. Bill Massey

2. Ramtech

3. Angelshark

4. Bill Irwin

RampageHopUps

Well, had a fun time being on the track for the first time in my life. The rampage did pretty good.

1st race was a DNF, my steering servo saver mounting screw came loose and I lost steering. Loctited that one back in.

2nd race was much better, I took 5th and learned how to navigate around the track a little better. Still couoldn't figure out the doubles or triples, so stopped trying.

A-Main was a little better. Kind of got the hang of making turns with 4x4, instead of sliding the rear end out. Took 2nd behind Angel in his Hurricane 4x4. (only 2 4x4s in the main, but at least I finished)

Angel took first in the a-main with Slammed60 taking second and top of the Bajas.

Angel has video of the a-main, and I will post it here as soon as he is done with it.

I want to thank everyone for attending our first 1/5 scale off-road race at The Nitro Pit. It was an awesome first turnout. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves.

I want to especially thank Angel for making the trip from California (and kicking our asses, I will be ready next time and you will have competition ), the Tucson guys for making the trip, and for Ramtech donating a price for 1st place in 2wd Gas Buggy.

Earlier this week I realized that the dates I set for our races were the same as Milestones race dates, so we will change up our schedule. The dates will now be:

August 30th

September 13th (Possibly Round 1 of a series)

October 4th (Possibly Round 2 of a series)

October 18th (Possibly Round 3 of a series)

November 1st (Possibly Round 4 of a series)

Hopefully this will allow the Arizona crew to head out to Cali, and the Cali guys can make it out here for some racing.

After the Nov 1st date, The Nitro Pit will be doing a track layout change, and we should have our other track built, which will be a CORR racing type track that will accomadate 1/5 scale racing and what will be another popular class, short course racing, which will accomadate the Traxxas Slayer, Associated SC8, and the Robotronics BR50, and others that I am sure will be released by then.

Skater229

Glad to see that ya'll had some fun... I tore around on the golf course for a while down here, and would love to get the truck on a track... I might be coming back to the states next month or two for about 2 weeks... Am thinking if I can break the truck down small enough to fly it back with me, so i will have something to do while visiting my folks up in tenn...

Skater

Oh yea, any videos???

M

magnum57

Hey Rob,

Nice to see you did so well in your first race. Looks like I’ll be ready to join in the Sept race. Hope I can at least finish a race. It will be my first time so any help you can offer will be appreciated. Any vids yet ?

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts