• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

1/10 Demo Derby Class

hamster huey

The Slash has been successful because its cheap, fun, mass produced, and based on a platform thats like 15 years old. I want more fun and more excitement however. I came up with an idea: 1/10 Demolition Derby! It would have to be a class based on affordability, skill, and crashing! I was thinking maybe Tamiya TT-01 kits. They are cheap-under $110 new and even cheaper used on ebay! They come with esc/motor or the traxxas xl5/titan would be the next step up. Cheap batteries could be 6 cell NIMH up to 5000mah. The stock tamiya teu101bk could be geared for 18-20mph and the traxxas xl5 could be geared for 25-30mph. The slash side nerf bars could be retro fitted to the chassis for even more bashability. You could have a complete Derby car built with the motor system, batteries, and radio for under $200 if you bought a mix of new and used parts on ebay. I have 2 ideas for a "race". The first: sumo style. everyone starts inside a large area like a circle, square, rectangle, whatever as long as its enough room to build some speed, and then whoever gets knocked out of the boundaries loses and the last car left inside wins. My other idea is: flag football. An item is velcroed maybe to a spot on each car and if your item gets knocked off by an opponent your out until one car is left who is the winner. Good idea?

hamster huey

Bueler......Bueler......Anyone? I live in Derby ks zip 67037 but Wichita and Andover would work too. Anyone nearby want to try this? Maybe even start a couple classes around the US? All we need is a parking lot and there are PLENTY of those around. Its as cheap as the Slash but way more fun............

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts