• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

050014 single servo saver fit MT?

Petrolheadz100

anyone know if that single Servo saver part number 050014 fit the MT? Also if I want to use the hitec 845 do I need to buy the Futaba Servo Mount or can that bolt onto the stock Servo mount?

G-Man

anyone know if that single Servo saver part number 050014 fit the MT? Also if I want to use the hitec 845 do I need to buy the Futaba Servo Mount or can that bolt onto the stock Servo mount?

Yes I have that servo saver in my MT. The Hitec d845wp will indeed need the aluminum Futaba mount Redcat offers. The Hitec d845 is huge bro. I am looking forward to your feedback on it's functionality in the MT. I use that servo it two other 5th scales, it is so dependable and strong, I use a 2700mah 2s lipo to power it.

Petrolheadz100

Yes I have that servo saver in my MT. The Hitec d845wp will indeed need the aluminum Futaba mount Redcat offers. The Hitec d845 is huge bro. I am looking forward to your feedback on it's functionality in the MT. I use that servo it two other 5th scales, it is so dependable and strong, I use a 2700mah 2s lipo to power it.[/ during the week I will have everything installed and I will certainly let you know thanks for the reply

Petrolheadz100

Is there a way to test the servo saver its working properly? How can the spring tension be tested to make sure its doing its job?

Petrolheadz100

Nice Man! I do know a guy who uses that Hitec in his MT, He lives a few States away so I never saw it's use in person. He says it does pretty good.
okay I ran into a problem with the single Servo saver, the brass looking inner tube on the stock setup is not on the single unit so theres play? Im at a standstill cannot figure this out. Im speaking of the long piece that you bolt at each end to the upper brace, wihout that brass tube in the middle theres play?

Attachments

• 20180615_193424.jpg
    20180615_193424.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 9

G-Man

okay I ran into a problem with the single Servo saver, the brass looking inner tube on the stock setup is not on the single unit so theres play? Im at a standstill cannot figure this out. Im speaking of the long piece that you bolt at each end to the upper brace, wihout that brass tube in the middle theres play?
The brass tubes aren't tubes. They are small rings set down into the servo saver. Pop those out and put them in the new saver. Or you can measure and buy flanged bearings for in there. I still use the brass bushings, never had the motivation to buy flanged bearings for it.

Petrolheadz100

The brass tubes aren't tubes. They are small rings set down into the servo saver. Pop those out and put them in the new saver. Or you can measure and buy flanged bearings for in there. I still use the brass bushings, never had the motivation to buy flanged bearings for it.
Yes right after i put this post i figured it out, i didnt know how to close the thread, btw i got the single servo assembly installed along with the futaba mount d845 and hitec 5645mg, later ill get it all bolted up. Only thing i see is the steering link hits the diff case when turning right, it turns alot less to the right than it does to the left, besides shaving the plastic link down how else can this be fixed?

G-Man

Yes right after i put this post i figured it out, i didnt know how to close the thread, btw i got the single servo assembly installed along with the futaba mount d845 and hitec 5645mg, later ill get it all bolted up. Only thing i see is the steering link hits the diff case when turning right, it turns alot less to the right than it does to the left, besides shaving the plastic link down how else can this be fixed?
You have to set the steering end points for the servo so the inner links don't hit the diff housing. First though. Zero out the steering trim and install the servo horn as vertice as possible then center your steering rack assembly with the link from the servo horn to the servo saver. Then set the servo travel end points on the radio.

I just put the Hitec d845wp in mine today too. I stripped another Spektrum s9020 gearset. So I'm trying the Hitec 20180616_175233.jpg

Petrolheadz100

You have to set the steering end points for the servo so the inner links don't hit the diff housing. First though. Zero out the steering trim and install the servo horn as vertice as possible then center your steering rack assembly with the link from the servo horn to the servo saver. Then set the servo travel end points on the radio.
Regardless of the endpoints the right turn steering hits the diff case at about 50% unlike the left turn he link hits he diff alot later making the steering less to the right

G-Man

Petrolheadz100

Hmmmn I am gonna have to check that. I have never noticed the travel difference
Check it out and let ne know, cant remember if its to the right or left but keep an eye on the steering link under thefront upper chassis brace and it will touch the diff case....let me know....still havent ran my truck just finished getting it all set up, seems like the steering is poor but until i run it i cant say, maybe its the big tires since im use to the chimera idk..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online