RCTO Parts
RUFaster
Demon RC
RAMTech-RC Kill Switch
RC Pit Shop
Rampage Shop

Old 06-03-2011, 11:17 PM

Default New Throttle/Brake Servo

So I was full throttle into my Rampage MT today, toying with a friend... Half way back on the full throttle pass it just comes to a skidding halt, the dang throttle/brake servo crapped out on me... I wasnt mad, it gave me an excuse to improve another part, I went with the same servo I use for steering on my nitro t-maxx's, A spektrum S6020, I belive it has 144oz of tq. Much better now that its fixed...

Just thought I'd share an improvement with ya'll, I seen the hi-tech servos but this spektrum is a proven winner in my department and had more tq then the hi-tech's that were available to me at my lhs....

Old 06-04-2011, 02:54 AM

Shoot, if it's working for you, that's all that matters. I don't use Spektrum simply because I'm not a Horizon Dealer. Their stuff seems just fine at the track. I'm going to give a hexfly a chance with the XB that will be here next week, I like Hitech, and have one sitting on the shelf, but I'd like to find a less expensive one, so we'll give the hexfly a chance.

Another buddy will only use Futaba, and their good but way too expensive, probably my only complaint, no one makes a good servo for less then $35 bucks.

It's like cars. I like Dodge and Ford, the lady likes Chevy. It's all good. Let us know in a month or so how it's going, maybe someone runs into a deal on them later on, or would prefer to to use the Spektrum.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:34 AM

i got the hi-tech 645mg it works perfect for me i dont race i just bash it with my lil bro and his rampage! that servo its all we needed straight out of the box once we changed it it's all gas and go for us!
Old 06-05-2011, 02:34 PM

I love my spektrum servo, I use them for sterring on my nitro t-maxx's, They hold up very well and I have not to date had a problem with them (6 months or so now) its just new to use one as a throttle/brake servo instead of steering, I will probably use the hi-techs for my dual steering servos when they crap out...